Subject: Re: [boost] [lockfree] _ENABLE_ATOMIC_ALIGNMENT_FIX for VS 2015Update 2
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-11 02:37:13

>> doesn't the compile error tells us that this is not the case here?
>
> If you are triggering that warning then the resulting code was broken (that is, not atomic) before.

it is an error not a warning.

i'm a bit confused: was it completely broken (as this statement suggest)
or was the generated code correct when alignment was ensured by user
code (as stl's statement suggested)?

> It's not a bincompat break if it never actually worked.

well, isn't it an ABI change if you need to recompile everything with a
specific compiler version? users will run into exactly the same issue,
if they use structs as my tagged_index, which is not under their control.