Subject: [boost] New library? CallableTraits
From: Barrett Adair (barrettellisadair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-13 02:28:35
I posted about this a month ago, but I did not receive much response. Since
then, I added an extended example use case, and I added a documentation
section  that compares CallableTraits and Boost.FunctionTypes.
I received some positive feedback this week in Aspen, and r/cpp also seemed
to respond well , so I thought I'd give this another shot.
Here are my questions for you:
1. Is there any interest in reviewing a future version of this for
inclusion in Boost?
2. If so, does this belong in its own library, or should it be incorporated
into Boost.TypeTraits or something similar?
3. What you like to see added, removed, renamed, or redesigned?
I'd say CallableTraits is about 85% finished. Here's what's left:
* Add INVOKE semantics to a couple of things for consistency (arity, etc)
* Remove unused/undocumented code
* Account for transaction_safe and C++17 noexcept
* Finish/test the calling convention features
* Finish/update the reference documentation
* Write even more tests
Documentation from the top:
section under construction)
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk