Subject: Re: [boost] New library? CallableTraits
From: Barrett Adair (barrettellisadair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-13 11:44:59

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I will give my usual reaction to documentation that consists mainly of
long examples and a reference. Actually create an overview that explains
the functionality of your library. This would consist of explaining what
your library actually is supposed to do, grouped by areas of general
functionality with simple short examples for each area of general
functionality you discuss. Your overview doesn't have to be perfect, none
are, but at least it's an attempt to tell others what the practical uses of
your library may be.

Did you see the "Overview" example [1]? I received a similar criticism
previously, and this example was my response to that. It's a bunch of
simple, short examples grouped by functionality -- they all just happen to
reside in the same example program. Maybe I need to flesh this out better.

> BTW, what is MSVC19 supposed to represent ? I assume this is a misprint.

I use Visual Studio 2015, but the actual C++ compiler, MSVC, has the
version number 19.0.23918.0. That's my understanding, anyway.

[1]
http://badair.github.io/callable_traits/doc/html/callable_traits/quick_example.html