Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 2.0 ideas (was Re: Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-20 13:00:38

On 20 May 2016 at 12:14, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> > And what will this umbrella organization actually *do*?
>
> * provide general guidelines (just as now, but relaxed)
> * provide infrastructure
> * provide administrative, financial, and perhaps legal support
> * do reviews to accept new member projects

Sounds very much like "more of the same" to me.

I also think any increased "business as usual" Boost 2.0 idea has
already proven itself to not be viable. People aren't willing to do
day job work stuff for free.

People don't contribute for free to Boost because it's like working
at your day job.

They do it because it's fun and interesting. What you propose is not
fun and interesting.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting