Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-21 20:37:28

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 03:28:04 MSK Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> If I might add, nobody would object to automatically rating Boost libraries
> according to any metric whatsoever and publishing the results for anyone so
> inclined to read and consider.

I wouldn't agree with 'rating' libraries, but a set of automated checks would be
great. Both as part of the testing process and a precondition for a library
proposed for review. In addition to the normal human review, of course.

We do have inspect reports run on libraries in Boost, although they don't check
much beyond the basic things like copyrights and tabs. Unfortunately, I suspect
not many people pay attention to them either. It might help if the inspect reports
were directly visible in the test results as a test pass/failure.