Subject: Re: [boost] doctest - the lightest feature rich C++ single header testing framework - if it can enter boost and if it/boost will benefit from that
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 06:31:08

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If it works for you, that's fine -- but these are some of the reasons why
> test frameworks generally avoid those things and use macros and
> auto-registration instead.

Ah, okay thanks for the detailed reply. I see what you mean now, and
you're right those things are not possible without macros and I can
see where they are useful in some situations. My experience over the
last 5 or so years is that I write the test and get it working and
after that, I don't see a failure for months or years. If there is a
failure I just set a breakpoint. So I have not invested much in terms
of features such as reporting the file and line number.