Subject: Re: [boost] doctest - the lightest feature rich C++ single header testing framework - if it can enter boost and if it/boost will benefit from that
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 06:30:31

Andrzej Krzemienski <akrzemi1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Let me remark, that Boost.Test also has this feature from Catch that it
> does not treat BOOST_TEST(a == b) as one expression, but instead decomposes
> the expression tree.

BOOST_TEST offers, much *much* more than anything Catch or any other
alternatives I've seen offers. To be fair - it takes more than 400 lines of
code.

> The only advantage over Boost.Test seems to be the
> compile times, and that is an important feature, I agree.

Let's be real: how faster is it? On my 3 year old laptop single header test
takes within a second (can't say for sure - it's too quick) to compile. Not to
mention that you can easily build against the library if this would ever a
concern.

Gennadiy