Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 10:25:36

On Monday, 23 May 2016 17:21:42 MSK Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> however, a quick search of Launchpad only finds Boost 1.55
>
> https://launchpad.net/~boost-latest/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
>
> How can we get the most recent Boost release (and/or master) available to
> Ubuntu users as easily?

I guess, someone would have to take over that PPA or create a new one. There's this
note:

IMPORTANT: Due to this PPA main contributor (f4l3) disagreement with Canonical
decisions and strategies, no active user is working on this PPA any more. If you are
interest in helping this PPA packaging more recent versions of the BOOST library, please
send an email to f4l3.

https://launchpad.net/~boost-latest

>From the links in the PPA description it looks like this should have been a kind of official
(?) repository, although I never heard of it before.