Subject: Re: [boost] Boost is supposed to serve *the entire C++ community; it isn't Boost's goal to serve Boost's community*
From: Bob Summerwill (bob_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 11:33:10

I would love to see a more actively maintained PPA for Boost on Ubuntu too,
but am afraid that I don't have capacity to offer to help with that myself.

On cpp-ethereum we have to maintain multiple PPAs with many more
re-packagings of external dependencies than I would like. We've also got
Homebrew packaging, Windows installers, DMGs for OS X, and have a "fake
package repository" for our Windows binaries. I'm hoping we can start to
leverage NuGet C++ on Windows, but I'm not sure if it is possible. There
is Chocolatey too.

The fragmented packaging story for C++ is a huge problem for maintainers
and for distribution of libraries.