Subject: Re: [boost] b2 looks for tools/inspect/build/Jamfile
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-23 19:37:28

Rene Rivera wrote:
> My plan was to write a script that authors could use if they like to
> easily configure their library to use CI testing (for both Travis and
> Appveyor). I.e. it does everything by just adding and editing the config
> file to their library (and me turning it on in the global boostorg
> accounts).

This would work too, especially if everything is offloaded to a script. But
it does have the drawback that if you have to edit the appveyor.yml for some
reason (a new os: option is added or something like that) you now have O(N)
.yml files to change.

On the other hand, my suggested approach seems to have another drawback -
there's only one Travis job and if we overload it to both perform CI testing
and building a release, it could fail for either reason, which could make
handling notifications problematic.