Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest in stacktrace library
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-19 11:34:09

On 6/18/2016 06:34 AM, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> Is there interest in it?
Yes, some time ago I built a memory allocation tracker to find a
resource leak in a very large codebase. I spent a lot of time figuring
out how to get a stack trace programmatically which I could map to each
allocation. Having something like this would have been great.
> What functionality would you like to have in it?
For my use case, I needed to be able to print the stack trace. I also
had to come up with a way to uniquely identify each stack trace. i.e.
key comparable. Perhaps hashable would be useful too.

Thanks for coming up with this. I look forward to seeing it added to boost.

Brandon