Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [graph] Sync develop with master?
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-09 13:28:15

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 5:21 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Di, 2016-06-28 at 17:32 +0000, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>> The recent changes to the testing infrastructure has slowed this down
>> as it’s now less-convenient to test that it was previously
>
> Is this something different than this?
> https://github.com/boostorg/graph#running-tests

Related. I used to be able to edit status/Jamfile and remove all but a handful of libraries that I’d then test all together (so I could for example, test Graph, GraphParallel, MPI, etc.. all at once). The currently testing model doesn’t easily support testing multiple Boost libraries at one time and this slows me down.

> Are you waiting for the 1.62 release to happen without problems before
> letting more code into develop?

No, life intervenes and I’ve been on travel.

> In general, I'm interested in modernizing the BGL code, requiring at
> least C++11 and possibly C++14, which would significantly simplify the
> code.

This is certainly an upgrade worth discussing. I’m not convinced we should drop support for pre-C++11 compilers as I have several systems that I need to run BGL and other Boost libraries on that can’t upgrade to C++11 at this time. And I’d bet there’s other users in the same boat.

—- Noel