Subject: [boost] [Beast] Status: HTTP+WebSocket for Boost
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-12 21:23:40

I’m reporting on the status of Beast, a C++11 header-only library
implementing HTTP and WebSocket which is submitted to the boost
incubator. The official repository for Beast is at:

https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast

It has been a few months since the last update and the number of users
measured on GitHub has grown steadily. There is robust, active
development with bug fixes and improvements. Unfortunately there
hasn’t been much of in terms of attention from the Boost community, no
feedback from the incubator was provided. If anyone would like to help
out by checking out Beast in the incubator and leaving some comments
that would be a tremendous help. Incubator link:
http://blincubator.com/bi_library/beast-2/?gform_post_id=1579

The most exciting news is that Beast HTTP and WebSockets have been
deployed in the production server environment for the company I work
for, Ripple (http://ripple.com). On a side note, my co-worker David
Schwartz is giving a CppCon 2016 Keynote speech on the relationship of
C++ to public blockchain systems and cryptocurrencies:
http://cppcon.org/schwartz-keynote-turner-plenary/

You can see the Beast integration in “rippled”, an open source server
application that implements Ripple’s decentralized ledger:

https://github.com/ripple/rippled/tree/develop/src/ripple/server/impl

I will be doing a 15 minute lightning talk introducing CppCon 2016
conference attendees to Beast.

The talk will have 8 minutes of presentation with the remainder of the
time allocated for questions (if there are no questions I have
additional materials which can be presented). At the conference I
would love to meet anyone who is interested in the library or wants to
have their questions answered - feel free to reach out to me through
my email address vinnie.falco_at_[hidden] (also listed on my GitHub
profile) if you’d like to get in contact.

Thanks!

--
Follow me on Github: https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast