Subject: Re: [boost] [Beast] Status: HTTP+WebSocket for Boost
From: Jamie Allsop (ja11sop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-16 20:52:33

On 13/08/16 02:23, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> I’m reporting on the status of Beast, a C++11 header-only library
> implementing HTTP and WebSocket which is submitted to the boost
> incubator. The official repository for Beast is at:
>
> https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast
>
> It has been a few months since the last update and the number of users
> measured on GitHub has grown steadily. There is robust, active
> development with bug fixes and improvements. Unfortunately there
> hasn’t been much of in terms of attention from the Boost community, no
> feedback from the incubator was provided. If anyone would like to help

While not active on the incubator I (as I'm sure others have) been
paying close attention to Beast which is shaping up to be an excellent
library.

> out by checking out Beast in the incubator and leaving some comments
> that would be a tremendous help. Incubator link:
> http://blincubator.com/bi_library/beast-2/?gform_post_id=1579
>
> The most exciting news is that Beast HTTP and WebSockets have been
> deployed in the production server environment for the company I work

Congratulations. I'd like to add we too are close to deploying a
production system based on Beast (wss).

> for, Ripple (http://ripple.com). On a side note, my co-worker David
> Schwartz is giving a CppCon 2016 Keynote speech on the relationship of
> C++ to public blockchain systems and cryptocurrencies:
> http://cppcon.org/schwartz-keynote-turner-plenary/
>
> You can see the Beast integration in “rippled”, an open source server
> application that implements Ripple’s decentralized ledger:
>
> https://github.com/ripple/rippled/tree/develop/src/ripple/server/impl
>
> I will be doing a 15 minute lightning talk introducing CppCon 2016
> conference attendees to Beast.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes as I'll not be there myself but
good luck with it - good to see the library getting more exposure.

Jamie