Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Unrecognized option -u
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-02 16:46:54

Le 02/09/16 à 17:48, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing test errors about unrecognized option -u presumably from
> Boost.Test, see here for example:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/teeks99-09b-win2012R2-64on64-boost-bin-v2-libs-utility-test-compressed_pair_test-test-msvc-9-0-dbg-adrs-mdl-64-thrd-mlt.html

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out!

> The test in question is not mine, and I don't know what the -u option
> is supposed to be for, but I assume it was supported by Boost.Test at
> some point and now it isn't.

I am not aware of any -u option. I believe this option was silently
ignored for at least a decade. What boost.test added in 1.60 is a
stricter CLA checking
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_61_0/libs/test/doc/html/boost_test/change_log.html#boost_test.change_log.boost_test_v3_1_boost_1_60)

> Is this an intended change in Boost.Test,
> an oversight or just a mistake in the Jamfile? If it was supported by
> Boost.Test, what did the option do and is it ok to just remove it?

What bugs me there is that the failing test is using the deprecated
test_execution_monitor (which is fine), which is not supposed to be
using the new CLA (and this is not fine).

As a quick workaround, you may remove the "-u" option. However,
something that would help me debugging: is this error new to 1.62?

Thanks,
Raffi