Subject: Re: [boost] [Math/Special Functions] Is there any interest in the Lambert W function?
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-25 18:30:00

> I'm working on a C++ implementation of the Lambert W
> (a.k.a. product logarithm or Omega function) and I wanted to ask
> the Boost developer community if there is interest in adding it to the
> library.

> The current version can be found on GitHub:
In my opinion, this is an interesting function.
After a very quick look at the code, I noticed three potentialissues.
1) There are instances of constexpr commented outin the code. The macro BOOST_CONSTEXPR is availablein <boost/config.hpp>. This macro selects the appropriateversion of constexpr (or none at all) for the given compilerat compile time.
2) There is use of std::arrayin the code. I believe that one ofthe strengths of Boost.Math is compatibility with C++03.You might consider replacing <array> and std::arraywith <boost/array.hpp> and boost::array. This is because<array> and std::array are only available in C++11 or beyond.
3) Testing is required for inclusion the the library.
John might have more to say.

Thank you for your interest, Chris.

    On Sunday, September 25, 2016 2:33 PM, Balázs Cziráki <balazs.cziraki_at_[hidden]> wrote:

 Greetings!

I'm working on a C++ implementation of the Lambert W
(a.k.a. product logarithm or Omega function) and I wanted to ask
the Boost developer community if there is interest in adding it to the
library.

The current version can be found on GitHub:

https://github.com/CzB404/lambert_w/

I've successfully tested it with Cygwin GCC v5.4, v6.2
and with MinGW GCC that is supplied with Code::Blocks,
and also on Visual Studio 2015.
A test on a Linux based OS (probably Ubuntu) is also going to happen.

Any suggestions or constructive criticism is welcome.

Best regards,
Balázs Cziráki