Subject: [boost] [concept_check] convert Concept to trait?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-04 10:55:03

I don't see a place to open issues on
https://github.com/boostorg/concept_check so I am posting this here.

What I want to do is convert a concept into a trait. For example,
given the ForwardIterator concept checking class, I would like to
write:

template<T>
using is_ForwardIterator = std::integral_constant<bool, ...>;

Which aliases to std::true_type if T meets the requirements of
ForwardIterator and false otherwise.

Or perhaps a general purpose alias:

template<t>
using is_concept<T, C> = std::integral_constant<bool, ...>;l

Which aliases to std::true_type if T meets the requirements of concept C.

Are such things possible, or perhaps already in the library? My
preliminary analysis suggests the answers to these questions are no
and no. Has this point been brought up elsewhere, and if so where
could I find it?

Regards