Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build toseemyOpenSSLonWindows
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-07 10:06:19

I just got CMake working to find my OpenSSL installation and let me
tell you, it was a breeze. First of all you need to install OpenSSL
for Windows. I used 1.0.2j. The 1.1.0 series doesn't work since they
changed all the filenames around.

Then you just add this line to your CMakeLists.txt:
  find_package(OpenSSL)

WHAT!? That's it? Yeah. It should be this easy in a Jamfile. You can
have both 32 and 64 bit OpenSSL libraries installed. And it correctly
links against the debug libraries if you are building a debug
executable.

How does CMake do it? There's a nifty little program called
FindOpenSSL. The source is here:
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake

I'm wondering, does Boost.Build already have such a system? And if
not, could it be done? How would something like that look? I'm
interested in exploring the possibilities here.