Subject: Re: [boost] Build: Trying to get Boost.Build toseemyOpenSSLonWindows
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-07 10:32:14

AMDG

On 10/07/2016 08:06 AM, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> I just got CMake working to find my OpenSSL installation and let me
> tell you, it was a breeze. First of all you need to install OpenSSL
> for Windows. I used 1.0.2j. The 1.1.0 series doesn't work since they
> changed all the filenames around.
>
> Then you just add this line to your CMakeLists.txt:
> find_package(OpenSSL)
>
> WHAT!? That's it? Yeah. It should be this easy in a Jamfile. You can
> have both 32 and 64 bit OpenSSL libraries installed. And it correctly
> links against the debug libraries if you are building a debug
> executable.
>
> How does CMake do it? There's a nifty little program called
> FindOpenSSL. The source is here:
> https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake
>
> I'm wondering, does Boost.Build already have such a system? And if
> not, could it be done? How would something like that look? I'm
> interested in exploring the possibilities here.

In principle usage would look like this:

using openssl ;
The library can then be referenced with /openssl//openssl.

Of course, openssl.jam doesn't actually exist right now.

There are only a few libraries supported this
way right now, including zlib and bzip2 (used
by IOStreams).

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe