Subject: Re: [boost] Curiousity question
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-12 19:09:46

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You are designing or working on a library, perhaps for Boost, perhaps for
> fun, and part of the design of the library has some public functionality
> taking a shared pointer as input. You:
> 2) Use std::shared_ptr

I would use std::shared_ptr and I'll answer the broader version of
your question.

For my libraries, I assume C++11. Its too much work to try to support
older compilers. There are so many features and advantages to having
C++11 as the minimum language support that it is a very logical choice
to require it.