Subject: [boost] Curiousity question
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-12 18:58:21

I would like to ask a design question for any Boost developers or anyone
on this mailing list who might care to answer.

You are designing or working on a library, perhaps for Boost, perhaps
for fun, and part of the design of the library has some public
functionality taking a shared pointer as input. You:

1) Use boost::shared_ptr
2) Use std::shared_ptr
3) Use both boost::shared_ptr and std::shared_ptr with the same
functionality
4) Use neither, you roll your own shared pointer-like functionality
5) You don't lke shared pointers and use raw pointers instead

I really am curious about this. I haven't put any limitation on your
library or made any presumption on who your library is for, on purpose.
Thanks for anyone answering !