Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removedstd::unary_functionand std::binary_function
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-11 10:57:02

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 11/10/2016 9:05 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 8:39 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:

>>> I do not see anything at https://docs.travis-ci.com/ that gives the
>>> details of the .travis.yml file so that I can create an appropriate one
>>> for
>>> a Boost library. If it exists it is well-hidden on the website.
>>>

>> You can look at other Boost libraries for examples. Although I'm also
>> working on a general .travis.yml file that any library can use with some
>> common scripts that will eventually integrate with the general Boost test
>> regression results reports. For that you can copy the one from Predef <
>> https://github.com/boostorg/predef/blob/develop/.travis.yml>. Literally
>> copy-paste and minor edits for that one.
>>

> Looking at the .travis.yml in predef, other than the 'notifications:'
> section, is the file meant to work with any Boost library and travis CI ?
> Also the appveyor.yml in predef, other than the 'notifications:' section,
> looks like it is supposed to work with any Boost library for appveyor. Is
> that also the case ?

Yes that is the intent. I went under the true and tried plan that the less
work someone has to do the more likely they are to do it :-) Although there
are other things you can do.. Like remove some of the toolsets being
tested. As the list for Predef is maximal for both testing all the options
for the CI script and for Prefef which is all about detecting variations in
toolsets.

> Or am I supposed to massage the script.py for a different library ( I know
> Python ) ?

I sure hope not. But if you find you need to do that we should discuss what
you need so that I, or someone else, can account for it as we move forward
with the modular CI testing system.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything