Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a new submodule, tools/depinst
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-11 12:15:24

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd like to request the creation of a new submodule, tools/depinst, that
> will contain a Python script depinst.py which would, given a module in
> libs/, install the dependencies needed for running that module's tests.
>
> Currently, the .travis.yml files I use enumerate the dependencies
> manually, which is a bit tiresome:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/function/blob/develop/.travis.yml
>
> - git submodule init libs/algorithm
> - git submodule init libs/align

> - git submodule init libs/type_traits
> - git submodule init libs/typeof
> - git submodule init libs/utility
> - git submodule init libs/winapi
> - git submodule init tools/build
> - git submodule update --depth 1
>
> This will be replaced by just
>
> - git submodule update --init --depth 1 tools/depinst
> - git submodule update --init --depth 1 tools/build
> - python tools/depinst/depinst.py function

It seems like overkill to create yet another repo for one script. Easier
would be to add that in the existing regression repo. And the script
downloaded with a wget, or equivalent, as needed. I can give you access to
the regression repo if that sounds good to you.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything