Subject: Re: [boost] Request for a new submodule, tools/depinst
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-11 13:18:36

Rene Rivera wrote:

> It seems like overkill to create yet another repo for one script.

Yes but... separating necessary Boost parts into independent (non-submodule)
repos never felt right to me. IMO regression needs to be a submodule as
well. A recursive clone of Boost should give one everything that is needed.
And it does make sense to version the regression tools with the rest.

wgetting a random version rubs me the wrong way. Test results should be
reproducible.

In other words, I think that CI/testing should acquire the necessary scripts
by

    git submodule update --init --depth 1 tools/regression

instead of by wget.