Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removedstd::unary_functionand std::binary_function
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-12 05:55:55

Edward Diener wrote:

> How do you get Travis CI to continue the build when a single invocation
> with just one of the toolsets fails ? Even though clang failed I still
> want it to try gcc.

There is no gcc on Travis's OS X images, just Apple clang.

> To me its guesswork since I do not know what version of clang is being
> used or what version of libc++ is being used...

The same error is present here:

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/Sandia-darwin-iostreams-clang-darwin-4-2-1-code_converter_test-variants_.html

so you can see the versions here:

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-darwin-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-clang-darwin-4-2-1-debug.html

This however is not enough to determine whether libc++ supplies a primary
definition of codecvt on other configurations. If I had to guess I would
test for defined(_LIBCPP_VERSION) && defined(__APPLE__).

The root problem, of course, is that the standard does not mandate a primary
definition, so the code is simply broken. It should define specializations
of codecvt<> instead of trying to supply a primary definition when there
isn't one. But there may have been historical reasons to write it that way.