Subject: Re: [boost] Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 has removedstd::unary_functionand std::binary_function
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-11 20:15:18

On 11/11/2016 7:08 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> > https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/iostreams/builds/175183220
>>
>> I did not get a notification so I assume I need to change the
>> .travis.yml to notify myself.
>
> Yes, I suppose. Although according to the Travis docs adding an explicit
> e-mail address disables the automatic notification to the committer
> (which now I got as it's my commit). So it's a tradeoff.
>
> The OS X build fails one test. Travis delivers the most value when
> everything passes, as this immediately identifies the commit or pull
> request that introduces an error; so it would be good if that could be
> fixed.

How do you get Travis CI to continue the build when a single invocation
with just one of the toolsets fails ? Even though clang failed I still
want it to try gcc.

> As far as I can see, BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_PRIMARY_CODECVT_DEFINITION needs
> to be defined but isn't, although I don't know what's the correct macro
> off which to base this. The darwin testers on boost.org also fail in the
> same way though, so this could offer some clues. Could be libc++, could
> just be some versions of it.

The output says there is a codecvt declaration, but it sounds like it
cannot find a codecvt definition:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/__locale:815:86:
note: template is declared here
template <class _InternT, class _ExternT, class _StateT> class
_LIBCPP_TYPE_VIS_ONLY codecvt;

This is a problem with CI since the compiler source is not available to
examine.

> Either way, hope this is useful as a starting point.

To me its guesswork since I do not know what version of clang is being
used or what version of libc++ is being used and I cannot tell what I
should be checking to turn on BOOST_IOSTREAMS_NO_PRIMARY_CODECVT_DEFINITION.