Subject: [boost] Asynchronous library now in Boost Library Incubator
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-27 05:21:28

Dear Community,

The Asynchronous library is now listed in the Boost Library Incubator (
http://blincubator.com/bi_library/asynchronous-2/?gform_post_id=1654).
I took a lot of time since first presenting it in C++ Now 2014 in order to
extend the scope and intensively test the library.
The library has been in use in production code for already 1.5 years, has
survived billions of calls and usage 24/7, so its core is stable and quite
tested. All algorithms have not been used though so that bugs are possible
there.
The reason for using the Incubator is, the library is quite big and 2 weeks
review will not be sufficient so I hope for comments, discussions or
pre-reviews earlier on.

Asynchronous is first of all an architecture tool. It allows organizing a
complete application into Thread Worlds, each world having the possibility
to use the same or different threadpools for long-lasting tasks. The
library provides an implementation of the Active Object pattern, extended
to allow many Active Objects to live in the same World. It provides several
Threadpools and many parallel algorithms making use of them. And most
important of all, it allows simple, blocking-free asynchronous programming
based on thread-safe callbacks.
It also provides very useful logging and HTML diagnostics (see
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/henry-ch/asynchronous/master/libs/asynchronous/doc/examples/final.html)
to allow better understanding of code.

I look forward to an interesting and lively discussion.

Christophe