Subject: [boost] [stacktrace] Prereminder of Boost.Stacktrace review starting 14th
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-10 08:43:45

I know we are all likely feeling a bit of tired of reviewing
potential new Boost libraries, but I just wanted to remind everyone
that Antony's Stacktrace library will start its peer review this
coming Wednesday Dec 14th with the review lasting until just before
Christmas, Dec 23rd. I appreciate this reminder is a little early
given the Synapse review doesn't finish until tomorrow, but today I
have the time to do email using both hands, and I likely won't get
the time again until next weekend (newborns force a lot of single
handed typing with your neck twisted hard to the side. Very slow).
Edward I hope this doesn't get in the way of concluding your very
interesting review.

Antony's Stacktrace library adds a long overdue facility to Boost, a
formal portable API for obtaining and parsing the call stack of a
thread of execution. It has three user selectable backends, tries to
provide a maximum performance (nomalloc) stack capture and I think by
now can serialise stacktraces to storage. I'll be honest in saying I
sent a long list of fairly strong concerns I had with the design and
implementation to Antony last month, but I'll defer in the review to
whatever the community votes (increasingly me and the Boost consensus
seem to be diverging on what makes for good design and practice).
I'll make the formal review announcment on Wednesday, but for those
wanting to get started early go to:

Github: https://github.com/apolukhin/stacktrace

Docs: http://apolukhin.github.io/stacktrace/index.html

Regards,