Subject: Re: [boost] [Stacktrace] review
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-15 01:27:51

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Nat Goodspeed <nat_at_[hidden]> wrote:
<...>
> I forgot to mention another potential enhancement of interest. This is
> a feature request post-acceptance.
>
> I would like to be able to:
>
> * serialize a stacktrace from a running program without available symbol files
> * deserialize that stacktrace on a different system that has symbol
> files for the original program

Probably you already could do those two bulletins
http://apolukhin.github.io/stacktrace/boost_stacktrace/getting_started.html#boost_stacktrace.getting_started.saving_stacktraces_by_specified_

> * display symbolic output (function names, source files, line numbers)
> for the original stacktrace.

This is simple to do on POSIX and I will need further investigation on
how to do it on Windows. If it's possible - I'll add the functionality
after the review.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin