Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Boost v1.64 in the milestones?
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-21 07:55:44

On 21.12.2016 04:41, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On 17-Dec-16 8:51 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> As I have said before, I'd really live it to the individual projects
>> what tools they use (Boost.Python has moved to its github tracker, and
>> no new issues on trac are allowed.)
>
> Do you mean that Boost.Python component was removed?

Not quiet; there are still open issues that haven't been transferred to
the new tracker.

> Are users pointed to github issue tracker in a clear way?

The tracker component name is changed to clearly indicate that new
issues ought to be submitted to the new tracker. (That's all a bit
clumsy, but apparently there isn't a better way to do this. Go to
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket and look for Python issues.
You'll see "Python USE GITHUB" or somesuch. Some other components do the
same...)
That was all Rene's doing as I have no admin access to the trac
instance. Ask him for details.

> I am considering doing same for Boost.Build, but guess it will be bad if
> people no longer can find 'build' under svn.boost.org with no
> explanation.

Yeah, the tracker should stay alive as long as there is non-migrated
content.

Note that I also started migrating wiki pages from svn.boost.org to
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki. But there is quite a lot, and I
was doing it alone...
Ideally, if other people help, we could complete the migration within a
reasonable amount of time and effort, and thus get out of this state of
limbo that we seem to have been in for years now (at least as far as the
wiki is concerned).

> Thanks,
> Volodya

Best,