Subject: Re: [boost] Generating Boost documentation with pandoc
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-08 17:53:24

>> Gonna use asciidoc to write my next documentation so I can still have
>> DocBook (not sure why it's so important) and have free ePUB support.
>> asciidoc or any other simple markup language that does the job.
>
> (I'm actually pondering to move the Boost.Python docs from QuickBook to
> good old ReST, so I could manage all its documentation with the sphinx
> tool (used by most projects in the Python community). It may lack some
> features, but the fact that it is well-known by many people outweighs
> that by far.

Actually, I built a boost theme for sphinx here:

https://github.com/pfultz2/sphinx-boost

The theme can be installed with pip as well with `pip install sphinx-boost`.

I actually use this to generate the documentation for the Fit library. This works quite nicely, and can integrate with other sphinx-based services like ReadTheDocs.org, which will generate up to date boost-style documentation on every push from github.

Paul