Subject: [boost] Boost Cmake Modules
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-01-11 11:33:30

Hi All,

So I would like to start work with adding support for cmake to boost libraries. To make the boilerplate needed to write some of the cmake, I wrote BCM(Boost Cmake Modules), here:

https://boost-cmake.github.io/bcm/doc/html/

Of course, the documentation is still a WIP. The core part is bcm_boost_package. So to write cmake for a library, you would just write something like this:

bcm_boost_package(core
    VERSION 1.0
    DEPENDS
        config
)

It also provides a mechanism to add tests as well. My goal at first would be to update libraries on per-module level(one PR at a time). So to use cmake, the user wold build and install each library individually with cmake. Later, we can update the cmake modules to support superproject building(which may be necessary for libraries that have circular dependencies).

Right now, there are no modules for building documentation. This can be added later, as well.

So does anyone have any feedback on this setup? If you had ideas, or would like to help update boost libraries, contributions are welcome.

Thanks,
Paul