Subject: Re: [boost] What is http://downloads.sourceforge.net/boost/boost_1_63_0.tar.bz2 ?
From: Jonathan Wakely (jwakely.boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-09 15:21:45

On 9 February 2017 at 15:14, Neil Groves via Boost wrote:
> The actions required from this, as I see them are:
> 1. eliminate the forwarding of the URL to snapshots. This may require
> altering the filename of the archive based on earlier discussions about
> the source forge forwarding logic. Perhaps include snapshot and date in
> the archive name?

Someone (Rene IIRC) has previously stated that putting a date in the
filename would be problematic, as the CI scripts would need to keep
looking for a different filename (and the date the CI jobs run might
not be the same day as the last snapshot was made). Just putting
"snapshot" in the name would be sufficient to show it's not the
release, and maintain a stable name for the CI processes to look for.

> 2. produce a well-known download location for the hash, so that our
> release archives are able to be validated by scripts.

While that might be useful in general, it wouldn't be for me, so don't
do it on my behalf.