Subject: [boost] Testing DMARC spam binning
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-10 00:32:58

Dear Boost,

You all probably noticed that boost-dev now sends you emails from "Your
Name via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>" with your original email listed
as CC.

This should finally mean that DMARC protected email addresses are no
longer flagged as Spam by many email services, including this email from
me, as boost-dev is no longer sending email with a protected From: address.

The list should be made aware that fixing this has taken nine months or
so for good reason. A whole ton of work went into making this happen,
not least relocating Boost's mailing list services from wowbagger where
it had been for almost forever to new hosting partially donated to us
for free. What wasn't obvious here was that there were problems of
ownership transfer, arranging service donation and the change over and
getting many, many long seized up cogs to turn, ones indeed I have
failed to turn in many years of trying myself. The fact it all happened
without service interruption is an amazing achievement.

I'd like to ask the list to formally thank Michael Caisse and his team
of many diligent workers who did all of this just to get mail posted
here to not get flagged as Spam (there were other motivating factors too
of course, but the Spam issue got the ball rolling). It was an awful lot
of work for not a very obvious gain here on boost-dev. So thank you.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting