Subject: Re: [boost] Status of Visual Studio 2017 support
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-14 21:18:07

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Stephan T. Lavavej via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [Andrey Semashev]
> > the final release may be significantly different from the pre-released
> versions.
> > It is not unheard of entire features being removed or modified in the
> final release.
>
> Our process is that between Previews and RC, we enter "ask mode" (ask for
> permission to make changes), and between RC and RTM we enter "escrow mode",
> which is a very strict lockdown. The only bugs that are fixed in escrow
> mode are of the form "it's melting users' hard drives and the metal fumes
> are making people dizzy".

Haha, lovely analogy.. Kinda subjective though. For example I would
consider the state of finding the vs install location to be in the order of
"making people dizzy". But that's just my opinion from having to deal with
the fallout of making b2 work for it.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything