Subject: Re: [boost] Status of Visual Studio 2017 support
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-02-21 15:06:45

On 20 February 2017 at 20:47, Tom Kent via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Specifically, opening the command prompt and running a simple b2
> command is a lot to ask for even some moderate level windows developers
> (sadly).

Could you please back that up with information from a reliable source or
stop talking out of your backside.

> I'll be shocked in libraries built with msvc-14.0 are compatible with
> msvc-15.0 (toolset v141). For one, there are new C++14 features only in
> msvc-15.0, so they won't have been built in for libraries built with
> msvc-14.0. I think naming the toolset v141 was a big mistake as it seems to
> be about as close to v140 as v140 was to v120 (there was never a v130
> toolset).

You saw what Billy O'Neal wrote: "It's an update". As to the availability
of C++14 features (the ones not baked into a VS2015 boost build), I doubt
that these features have a (measurable) impact to an extent that jumping up
and down over the support by Boost of a not yet released version of VS is
warranted.

degski