Subject: Re: [boost] Insanely slow download speeds from SourceForge
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-06 09:58:41

Paul Fultz II wrote:
> I have noticed really slow download speeds as well. If you are just using
> the header-only libraries of boost, you could just download each module
> from github instead. Peter Dimov’s boostdep tool can tell you what modules
> are needed, and then you can download the tar file for each module from
> github directly with:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/${module}/archive/${version}.tar.gz

I also made a Python script that automates getting the necessary
dependencies via git, tools/boostdep/depinst/depinst.py. It requires a
checkout of the Boost superproject, libs/config, tools/build,
tools/boostdep, and the tested module in libs/${module}. You can see an
example of its use in

https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/blob/master/.travis.yml