Subject: Re: [boost] IPC: compiler optimization related issues
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-10 17:38:58

On 03/10/17 18:30, Robert via Boost wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Before creating a bug in trac, would you accept issues related to
> compiler optimization (-O2 and -O3) flags?
>
> I have a very specific issue with an inter-process mutex (race
> condition), but it can be reproduced only when flag O2 or higher is
> being used during compilation.

The fact that the problem manifests only when optimizations are enabled
may still indicate a bug in the code. I think, such problem should be
reported, even if it ends up being a compiler bug - at least we'll be
able to know for sure. If you can prepare a self-contained repro, that
would be perfect.