Subject: Re: [boost] [safe_numerics] Formal review starts today
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-11 14:41:27

:

According to formal Boost criteria, it is sufficient for the library to
work on two major compilers. These formal criteria are met by
safe_numerics. Of couse, I acknoledge, that formal criteria are not the ony
thing in the world.

> I suggest that we should pause the review until you adopt John's patches
> and reissue the review code and then restart the review.
>

>From the formal point of view, the two options for this I can see are:

   - To conclude the review as rejected, and schedule a new one.
   - Accept the library conditionally, and make the fix a hard condition/

It'll be a bit poor to accept the library until a few people confirm it's
> working on MSVC.

Accepting the library does not mean it is immediately available in the next
Boost release. If the library is accepted conditionally, you would be
guaranteed that the users will get MSVC support (if adding this support is
doable).

Regards,
&rzej;