Subject: [boost] [gsoc17] Apply for the ticket to Project static_map
From: John Lee (g123nn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-16 15:47:34

Hello all,

I’m John Lee from China, learning at BUPT, Beijing. I love coding, especially in C++. I am willing to contribute to Boost Community and applying for developing cool things with the community in GSOC 2017.

As described in the requirement section, I suppose that I am well prepared :-)

- I spent my 2016 in learning and practicing my Modern C++ (up to C++ 14, not 17 so far due to the poor support of compilers...) on both coursework and real products.

- I’ve been contributing to some projects in C++ open-source communities in China, such as http://purecpp.org/ .

- I’ve developed an open-source Header-Only, Strong-Typed, Compile-time Object Relation Mapping (ORM) in Modern C++, available at https://github.com/BOT-Man-JL/ORM-Lite (over-1000-line non-coursework library, first committed 5 months ago and iterated over time) (surprisingly meeting the requirements) lol

- I also developed an toy Graphics Library on both Windows and X Window, but no longer maintain it. :-( It’s available at https://github.com/BOT-Man-JL/EggAche-GL/tree/x11

I’m a bit confused on some items on the main page of Boost GSOC 2017, and I will appreciate it very much if anyone could answer these questions:

- I am very interested in generic/meta programming and willing to apply for Project static map. My question is should I still post a solution of the competency test of this project?

- There are 3 suggested proposals on the main page. Are they the project we should do in GSOC 2017, or we can do other projects if applying for the ticket to a certain project of three?

- How could I find a mentor if I have the ticket? Posting something like this or contact one on the email list?

It’s my first year to attending GSOC, and the first time to work with the community internationally. Thanks for your help. ;-)

Best Regards,
John Lee

Feel free to contact me :-)
https://BOT-Man-JL.github.io/