Subject: [boost] [review process] candidate library maintenance disturbs the review
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 09:34:27

Hi Everyone,
In the context of the discussion around review process improvements, I
wanted to report another problem that I do not know how to solve. But maybe
you do.

Extending the review period by allowing the review on the BLIncubator looks
like a good idea, but it also comes with a problem. The review applies to a
particular commit (if we use GItHub terms), that is, to the state of the
library on a particular branch at a particular point in time. If I see a
review on BLIncubator (not that I see many of them), how do I know what
commit it applies to and if it is even irrelevant.

It might be partially relevant, but it puts me in an uncomfortable
situation, that I will be investing my time in something that is likely to
turn out to be useless.

Also, I might consider submitting a review into BLIncubator, but what
chances I have that it will be considered in the formal review, given that
the formal review may work on a different commit: possibly on a quite
different library by now?

Regards,
&rzej;