Subject: Re: [boost] [partly OT] Re: [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 09:18:07

> Could you explain what is the problem having to use also Boost.Chrono?
Let me answer your question with another question: What good is it to
force boost.chrono on the user? If my application does not profit from
using boost::chrono over std::chrono why should i have to use it?

Here is how i see it:
std::chrono
+ fully described by the standard and supported by all major c++
environments
+ described in all online standard references for c++
+ we can soon expect all newcomers to know about std::chrono
+ can be used without adding another dependency on an external library

boost::chrono
+ larger functionality
+ very similar, but not the same as std::chrono

mixing both:
+ converting between time points?
+ differences in time measured /different clocks?
+ why should there be two very similar libraries mixed in the same code?