Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 please test master snapshot..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 12:01:53

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 03/17/17 05:05, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> In the (not sure how likely) case Microsoft releases 10 minor releases
> with the major version number 14 we'll be in an awkward position if we name
> the current VS release 14.10 - we'll have another release that is supposed
> to be 14.10.
>
> I think, 141 tag makes more sense, and also is more useful given that it
> matches PlatformToolsetVersion env. variable.

Technically Microsoft doesn't say they released 14.1. They say they
released 141, i.e. one hundred forty one. Which is based on some components
that are 14.10 and a compiler that is 19.10.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything