Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 Delayed because of Microsoft (version numbers)
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-18 00:57:04

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Edward Diener via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have discovered that Visual Studio 2017 itself actually has no current
> documentation available, so even Microsoft has released its own product
> before it should even have been released. Therefore I think you are doing
> the absolutely correct thing and there is no point in trying to rush Boost
> 1.64 until the issue with VS2017 version numbers are tested and resolved.
> Thanks for all the work that you and others have done and are doing to
> resolve this issue.

+1, my gratitude/appreciation also to Rene and everyone involved in
this release.

Does master open up for changes after the beta release on Wednesday,
or earlier/now, due to the delay?

(I almost expected we would release and wait for 1.65 to support VS2017 fully).

Glen