Subject: Re: [boost] About all these metaprogramming libraries
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-19 15:22:49

On 18 March 2017 at 14:32, Louis Dionne via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> However, Boost needs one such library, not four.

Maybe, maybe not. What would help though if there would be a (ONE) document
outlining what the differences are and in what domain/context one should
prefer on library over the other, complemented with pros and cons of each
lib. This (TMP) is not simple stuff unless one is heavilly involved (are a
library writer). An 'average' boost user is not capable within reasonable
time and with reasonable effort to make an informed choice from amongst all
these similar libraries. I must say, I like Peters' 'simple' mp11 though,
providing building blocks to more advanced stuff (I would say (generally)
the STL-spirit).

degski