Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: mp11
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-19 18:08:09

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> You know what I mean. is_same<_1,V> should be a meta-function class.

I didn't, not because I'm being deliberately obtuse, but because different
metaprogramming libraries have taken different approaches to what
constitutes a metafunction class. What they have in common is that they take
metafunction classes (instead of template aliases as mp11 does) which they
then evaluate internally with their eval/invoke primitive, but how invoke
handles placeholders differs from library to library.

> BTW, mp_quote does more than quoting. It is doing some binding.

Originally it did just quote, then I noticed that the extension to partial
application (bind_front) is straightforward. In the simple case mp_quote<F>
it still quotes.

> BTW I'm missing how we build a mp set.

Usually you start with an empty mp_list<> and mp_set_push_back things into
it; the other case is when you have an existing list L and convert it to a
set with mp_unique<L>.