Subject: Re: [boost] About all these metaprogramming libraries
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-19 22:00:20

On 3/19/17 12:31, Bruno Dutra via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Oswin Krause <
> Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-03-19 17:13, Bruno Dutra via Boost wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM, degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
>>> wrote:

<snip features and criticisms of various libraries>

> You've pretty much described Metal, except that Metal requires lists to be
> specializations of metal::list, but that is far from a shortcoming, in fact
> there is a very good reason behind that design choice.

<snip more things why-I-designed-my-library-this-way>

Here is a suggestions. I don't think this thread is the place for the
authors to explain the benefits of their design/implementation/usage.
There will be a lot of time for that.

In this thread, we are trying (as a community) to figure out the best
approach to deal with multiple submissions of TMP libraries. Lets
concentrate on that concern.

Don't worry ... there will be plenty of opportunity for critique and
defense (o;

michael

--
Michael Caisse