Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: New Boost library policy text ready for approval
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-19 23:23:06

On 19/03/2017 18:04, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
>> The proposed reformed policy page for submitting a library for review to
>> Boost can be found at
>> https://boost-website.nedprod.com/development/submissions.html.
>
> Why would the Boost review process page mandate "Reddit/r/cpp" as one
> of the places to solicit feedback about the new library submission?

It only refers to the "Determine Interest" section.

I've found Reddit very, very useful in helping refine the popularity of
a new library before I begin. pcpp for example took in a lot of feedback
from there before I began.

I also have them amazing in knocking documentation into new orbits of
usefulness. The Outcome tutorial is mostly thanks to Reddit.

Note Reddit is only suitable for those two steps alone. The reset of the
submission process is boost-dev and Incubator only. I've tried to
clarify the wording, try
https://boost-website.nedprod.com/development/submissions.html again.
And Peter, note the seconders needed is one person now.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting