From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 19:16:56

On 21 March 2017 at 18:53, Edward Diener via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 3/21/2017 9:24 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sometimes I can see messages from the mailing list that have no Reply-To
>> header. For example, this is the headers from a recent email from the ML:
>

> Maybe you should explain how you are interacting with the mailing list. For
> instance I interact with the mailing list by responding to the GMane
> newsgroup 'gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel' using Thunderbird ( on Windows 7 or
> 8.1 and occasionally on various Linux distros ). Then someone who is doing
> what you are doing with the same e-mail software you are using under the
> same OS has a somewhat better chance to help you.

The problem is that Andrey was cc'd in the email, which arrived before
the email from the mailing list. Both mails have the same message-id,
so gmail discards the second one it receives. This means the mailing
list software doesn't have a chance to change the headers.