From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-21 22:05:01

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Daniel James via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 21 March 2017 at 18:53, Edward Diener via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 3/21/2017 9:24 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sometimes I can see messages from the mailing list that have no Reply-To
>>> header. For example, this is the headers from a recent email from the ML:
>>
>> Maybe you should explain how you are interacting with the mailing list. For
>> instance I interact with the mailing list by responding to the GMane
>> newsgroup 'gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel' using Thunderbird ( on Windows 7 or
>> 8.1 and occasionally on various Linux distros ). Then someone who is doing
>> what you are doing with the same e-mail software you are using under the
>> same OS has a somewhat better chance to help you.
>
> The problem is that Andrey was cc'd in the email, which arrived before
> the email from the mailing list. Both mails have the same message-id,
> so gmail discards the second one it receives. This means the mailing
> list software doesn't have a chance to change the headers.

I see. So the problem appears whenever a person does Reply to All,
which sends two messages - to the ML and the original author that is
specified in CC? But was the older infrastructure adding CC to the
messages from the ML? I think it wasn't. Do we need the CC?